Forum Light's Demons Strona Główna
POMOC Rejestracja RejestracjaSzukajFAQ Użytkownicy GrupyZaloguj

two runs and six hits over Zobacz następny temat
Zobacz poprzedni temat

Napisz nowy tematOdpowiedz do tematu
Autor Wiadomość
ruogu1234

PostWysłany: Pon Paź 28, 2019 07:11 Odpowiedz z cytatemPowrót do góry

LONDON -- Canadas Eugenie Bouchard earned one of the biggest wins of her career Wednesday by upsetting No. 12 seed Ana Ivanovic 6-3, 6-3 in second-round play at Wimbledon. Bouchard needed 62 minutes to complete the victory and advance to the third round of a Grand Slam event for the first time in her career. The match was moved to Centre Court from an outside court on short notice after second-seeded Victoria Azarenka withdrew with an injury. "We only heard about the court change 15 minutes before the match," said Bouchard. "I was actually quite excited. It was crazy to play in front of a big crowd like this. Im really happy. I was focusing on returns and neutralizing her first serve and I think I did that very well." In mens second-round play, 20th-ranked Russian Mikhail Youzhny defeated Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil 6-3, 6-7 (3), 7-6 (7), 3-6, 6-4 in a match that took almost four hours. Already leading 5-3 in the first set, Bouchard took 12 of 13 points to close that set and go up a break in the second. The 2012 Wimbledon junior champ sealed the victory when she broke Ivanovics serve on the second match point. "I think any day I can beat anyone. Its just about playing the way I know I can play," Bouchard said. "Today I was able to stay with her and take my chances when I could. Anything can happen in a match. "I just tried to work on a few things -- trying to be aggressive during the point, neutralize her serve. She served well today, so that was a bit tough for me. I tried to play my game." In eight previous Wimbledon appearances, Ivanovic -- a former world No. 1 -- had failed to reach the third round only once. Bouchard, from Montreal, currently holds the No. 66 position in the world rankings. Ivanovic admitted she was outplayed. "Definitely (Bouchard) played a very good match today," Ivanovic said. "It was the first time I actually saw her play, so it was obviously a little bit tough to get used to. "She was tracking the ball really well, serving well. I thought maybe the end of the match she would get tight, but she was really strong the whole way through. "She has a very bright future. She has a very strong game for such a young girl." Bouchard finished with 14 winners and 11 unforced errors against the 2008 French Open champion. "Im happy to be playing well again," she said. "After winning the juniors, Wimbledon feels like my second home." Bouchards next opponent will be Spains Carla Suarez Navarro, who beat Croatias Mirjana Lucic-Baroni 1-6, 6-3, 6-3. Bouchard, 19, improved to 21-14 on the season with the victory. She has posted some other big wins this year, including a third-round victory over U.S. Open winner Samantha Stosur last April at the Family Circle Cup in Charleston, S.C. Pospisil was up 4-2 in the fifth set and looked like he might join Bouchard in the third round, but the experienced Youzhny won the next four games to advance. The momentum shift came in the eighth game, when Youzhny converted triple-break point to tie the set at 4-4. "It was a tough loss, any loss in a Grand Slam is a tough loss," Pospisil said. "Being up a break in the fifth set, which happened to me in the last two Grand Slams. "Its tough to close it out, especially if youre playing a top-20 guy whos so experienced. Hes ranked where he is because of these kind of wins, hes really good at finding ways to win." Pospisils serve had been his strength prior to that game. He finished the match with 26 aces. "I was definitely trying to do the same things but the big thing that made the difference was the lack of first serves when I was up a break in the fifth," Pospisil said. "Its tough, because theyre going to raise their game when theyre down a break in the fifth. Hes obviously extremely tough and I cant give him two games with mostly second serves." Later Wednesday, sixth-seeded Daniel Nestor of Toronto and Robert Lindstedt of Sweden defeated Mikhail Elgin of Russia and Denis Istomin of Uzbekistan 7-6 (6), 6-3, 6-7 (9), 7-6 in their opening mens doubles match. Milos Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., and Jesse Levine of Ottawa won their first-round matches earlier this week. Custom San Francisco Giants Jerseys . Louis Cardinals have agreed to a one-year contract. Giants Jerseys 2020 . "Thank you for the warm welcome," Beckham said on an 80-degree February morning. In this case, it was soccer weather. The sport moved a step closer to returning to South Florida on Wednesday, when Beckham confirmed he has exercised his option to purchase a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in Miami. https://www.cheapjerseysgiants.us/ .m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Falcons by 3 1/2RECORD VS. San Francisco Giants Shirts . Terms of the contract were not disclosed by the club. Clemons spent his first five NFL seasons with the Miami Dolphins, who selected him in the fifth round of the 2009 draft out of Clemson. Cheap Giants Jerseys . -- Albert Pujols is thrilled to have a reason to forget about his first two disappointing seasons with the Los Angeles Angels.PHOENIX -- The Arizona Diamondbacks need wins to stay alive for a National League playoff spot -- and they had the right guy on the mound Saturday night against the Colorado Rockies. Left-hander Wade Miley continued his career dominance of the Rockies, taking a shutout into the seventh inning on his way to a 9-2 win. Miley (10-10) is 6-0 in his career against the Rockies. "Same mentality I take against anybody else," Miley said of his success against the Rockies. "Just go out and try to keep us in the game. Thats when things go bad, when you start thinking about stuff like that." Gerardo Parra doubled twice and drove in three runs, Aaron Hill had three hits and three RBIs, and Miguel Montero had three hits and scored twice on his bobblehead night, helping Miley get his first win since Aug. 6. Miley limited Colorado to two runs and six hits over 6 1-3 innings, aiding his cause with a run-scoring double in the sixth. The Rockies got consecutive one-out hits from Wilin Rosario, Todd Helton and Nolan Arenado to cut Arizonas lead to 4-2 in the seventh and chase Miley. "A couple of times he got behind in the count, but he was able to come back and put them away," Montero said of Miley. "His changeup was working pretty good and his breaking ball was like always." Hill had a solo homer and Paul Goldschmidt tripled and scored on Martin Prados sacrifice fly in the bottom of the inning to restore the Diamondbacks four-run lead. Roy Oswalt (0-6) gave up two runs and seven hits in 4 2-3 innings for Colorado in his first start since coming off the disabled list with a hamstring strain on Sept. 6. Parras one-out double to centre field in the second inning drove in Montero and Matt Davidson to give the Diamondbacks a 2-0 lead. Arizona hhad runners at first and second in the fourth, but Parra lined back to Oswalt, who doubled off Montero at second base.dddddddddddd Oswalt kept his team in the game but left after issuing a walk to Goldschmidt in the fifth. He complained to home plate umpire Manny Gonzalez after the walk, apparently unhappy with not getting a call on a previous pitch. "Got a little bit of the velocity back and the pitch command was pretty well," Oswalt said. "I still dont have a 100 per cent of my legs. I backed off a bit in the second trying to throw some balls down in the zone." Rob Scahill came on in relief and got the last out of the inning, retiring Prado on a popup. However, the Diamondbacks scored twice off Scahill in the sixth and twice off Mitchell Boggs in the seventh. The Diamondbacks scored three runs in the eighth inning against Jeff Francis. Adam Eaton doubled in a run and Hill added a two-run single. Arizona relievers Josh Collmenter, David Hernandez and Heath Bell held the Rockies scoreless for the final 2 2-3 innings. "We did good with guys in scoring position, we did scoring damage tonight, as we should do," Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said. "I think Wades confident every day he goes out there. It looked like he had pretty good movement on his ball." NOTES: The Diamondbacks celebrated Hispanic Heritage Night on Saturday, and their typical Saturday home black jerseys said "Los Dbacks" on the front. ... Hill made the defensive play of the game, throwing out Helton after going deep in the hole up the middle and making an off-balance throw to first base in the second inning. ... With his single in the top of the first, Rockies second baseman D.J. LeMahieu extended his hitting streak to 14 games. ' ' '
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Reklama

Wysłany: Pon Paź 28, 2019 07:11 Powrót do góry

Reklama

PostWysłany: Nie Sty 31, 2021 03:49 Odpowiedz z cytatemPowrót do góry

Zobacz też :

Reklama

Wysłany: Nie Sty 31, 2021 03:49 Powrót do góry

Napisz nowy tematOdpowiedz do tematu

Skocz do:   

Zobacz następny temat
Zobacz poprzedni temat